Forming of the Student Ambassadors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Forming of the Student Ambassadors

Sheyenne's Student Ambassadors lead the Day of Compassion activities. (Photo Credit: Amber Webb-Brown)

Grace Lamp and Elsye Anderson

One of the new clubs this year is called the Student Ambassadors, a club that was founded by students and Assistant Principle Mr. Schleicher. It is a student led club that invests its time in helping our school and community. Jaarel Hanson, the President of the Student Ambassadors said, “We can do an array of things around the community and the school that ultimately will make our school and our community a better place.” Ashlen Wright, who is a Chairman to the Student Ambassadors club, also said that, “The Student Ambassadors club is something that can really connect Sheyenne together as a school.” Though they are a new club, the Student Ambassadors are already contributing to the school as the year continues. This month they have had three events to help our school and community; one of which was the Bean Bag Tournament on the night of the homecoming game, which earned almost a $1,000 for Gabe Campost, who is a West Fargo student battling Leukemia.
Although the Student Ambassadors are not currently looking for new applicants, the application process will be reopened in the winter after all of the fall sports are finished. Students are encouraged to talk to Mr. Schleicher, Mr. Braasch, Mrs. Brendemuhl, or a member of the Student Ambassadors for an application. Though there aren’t any official future plans announced yet about what the Student Ambassadors are going to do for the school and our community, many are looking forward to seeing what the newest Sheyenne club can do.