Top Athlete: October

Richard Worae, Staff Writer

As a senior at Sheyenne high school, Shay Weber is occupied with school and volleyball, as well as her future. While juggling school and sports, Shay also shares her time with NHS, HOSA and student ambassadors. Her ability to juggle all her priorities and still get the job done is why Shay has been titled top athlete. Shay started her volleyball career as a 6th grader. Through patience and hard work Shay has made a place for herself as the captain of the Sheyenne volleyball team. “I don’t think I’m a top athlete I just try my hardest every day,” says Shay. That is the same winning attitude that has gotten the mustangs so far. Head volleyball coach Leah Newton had much to say about Shay, “Shay is the ultimate team player she is extremely coachable she comes with a very positive attitude and she’s one of the hardest workers in the gym.” Being the only senior and captain of her team Shay is an older sister to her teammates. Not only does she set an example, Newton says, “She’s bringing it all the time and sets a high standard for her team”. Shay’s ability to get her priorities in check and play a hundred percent is what makes her this month’s top athlete. After high school, Shay plans to take her athletic ability to MSUM where she will play softball.